Auditions will be held at Theater on the Run, 3700 S Four Mile Run Dr, Arlington, VA 22206
How to prepare:
- Prepare a musical theater song not from Pippin that best shows off your voice.
- There will be a dance combination at the audition. This dance auditionis expected to be done by everyone auditioning, regardless of the amount of dance the performer will do in the show.
- Reading from the script at auditions will be at the director's discretion.
- Sheet music in your key; an accompanist will be provided.
- Your resume and a headshot (if available)
- A list of conflicts that you have between July 29 and October 22, 2017.
August 5, 2017 – October 5, 2016. Schedule will be set accounting for actors’ conflicts but all days of the week are being considered for rehearsal.
October 6, 2017 – October 21, 2017
CONCEPT AND SYNOPSIS: The musical Pippin tells the story of a young man at a crossroads in his life, asking the big question, “What is the meaning of my life?” The son of Charlemagne, Pippin is a man with choices. Does he follow in the footsteps of his father, one of the most powerful men in the land? Or does he strike out on his own to find his own way? Pursuing his journey, Pippin faces the choices that we all face when trying to find our place in the world. After trying many ways, he stumbles on love accidentally, and ultimately learns that love, however imperfect, is the key to life. Pippin is a play within a play. The story is told by a traveling troupe of actors (called “Players”), directed by the Leading Player. This troupe helps tell the story and help Pippin along the way to discovery, and then he eventually learns what they want him to discover….
See attachments for additional details.
Monday, July 31, 2017, 7:30 – 10 pm
Callbacks: Wednesday, August 2, 2017, 7:30 – 10:00 pm. Invited actors will be given a time to arrive.